Відображення документу є орієнтовним і призначене для ознайомлення із змістом, та може відрізнятися від вигляду завантаженого документу. Щоб завантажити документ, прогорніть сторінку до кінця
GIANTS IN DANGER form 10
Elephants need a lot of water. Grown –ups drink as much as 50 gallons (189 litres) a day.
The animals use water in other ways as well. After they have had enough to drink, they
fill their trunks and spray their bodies. The showers cool the elephants. Leaving the water hole, the elephants join small family groups resting under the trees. Elephants rest only during
the hottest part of the day and for a few hours each night. The rest of the time, they eat.
In fact, elephants spend about 16 hours a day eating.
Today, many elephants in Africa are dying because they do not have enough food to eat
or to drink and because they do not have enough space to live in. Hunters kill thousands
of elephants every year. Some kill them for meat. But most kill elephants for their ivory
Most of elephants have gone to national parks. There are too many animals there.
As a result, the elephants do not have enough grass and leaves to eat.
All these problems have greatly reduced the number of elephants in Africa. Specialists
think that only two million elephants live on the planet today. Maybe some day you will
help to find a way to save them.
I. True/ false
1. A lot of hunters are killed by elephants every year.
2. Elephants rest during the whole day.
3. Many elephants in Africa are dying because they don’t have enough space to live in.
4. Elephants are killed for their ivory tusks.
5. Only three million elephants live on the planet today.
6. Every year hunters kill hundreds of elephants.
II. Answer the questions
1. How many letres of water can elephants drink?
2. How many hours a day do elephants spend eating?
3. What problems reduced the number of elephants in Africa?
4. How do the animals use water in other ways?
5. Are elephants in danger of becoming extinct?
6. What do the hunters do with elephants’ ivory tusks?
III. Make present passive sentences using the following prompts.
1. Butter /make/ from milk.
2. Polo /play/ on horses.
3. The hotel rooms / clean/after breakfast.
4. Trees in rainforests /cut down / for their hardwood
5. Not much / know / about his life.
6. Coffee / grow / in Brazil.
IV. Turn these active sentences into the present passive.
1. A photographer takes photos.
2. Cameramen shoot films.
3. Fashion designers design clothes.
4. A pilot flies a plane.
5. A mechanic fixes a car.
6. A nanny looks after children.
Зверніть увагу, свідоцтва знаходяться в Вашому особистому кабінеті в розділі «Досягнення»
Всеосвіта є суб’єктом підвищення кваліфікації.
Співпраця із закладами освіти.
Дізнатись більше про сертифікати.