Відображення документу є орієнтовним і призначене для ознайомлення із змістом, та може відрізнятися від вигляду завантаженого документу. Щоб завантажити документ, прогорніть сторінку до кінця
1. Write 18 sentences to justify your point of view on the following topic:
Some people say that the Internet provides people with a lot of valuable information. Others think access to so much information creates problems. Which view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
2. According to Bill Gates, “Leaders will be those who empower others” and, in life, we come across many different types of leaders in different parts of our lives.
- Choose a person whom you believe to be a great leader and describe the qualities he or she has that characterize him/her as a leader?
- In your opinion, are these qualities unique or do all great leaders possess them?
- How have leaders influenced your own life? Or how have you influenced others as a leader?
3. In today’s technological age, communication experts are worried that people are too wired and too distracted by their electronic devices. Experts have noticed that people are slowly replacing face-to-face communication with emails and texts, which isolate people instead of connecting them.
- In your opinion, do electronic devices and communication isolate or connect people? Use examples to illustrate your choice.
- How much time per day do you spend communicating on electronic devices (computer, phone, etc.)?
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of face-to-face communication versus electronic communication.
4. Are out-of-school activities as important as schoolwork?
- What different skills can students learn from out-of-school activities than from school subjects in school? Give examples.
- How can out-of-school activities help a student’s future?
- What might be some disadvantages of participating in out-of-school activities?
1. Write 20 sentences to justify your point of view on the following topic:
Woodrow Wilson once said, “Friendship is the only cement that will hold the world together.” Do you agree? Why or why not? How can this be applied to global politics? How can this be applied to your personal life?
2. Things like opera, ballet and theatre are considered high culture while television, video games and comic books are considered low culture.
- Evaluate the accuracy of such a judgment.
- Which types of such activities do you prefer and why?
- Do you think certain cultural activities are inherently better than others or is it a matter of taste? Who or what determines what is “high culture”
3. Some people believe that different vocations are more important than others within a society; for example, an engineer or a doctor is more important than a journalist or a lawyer.
- Evaluate the importance of different vocations within a society, such as those requiring an education in humanities or liberal arts and those requiring education in the fields of science and technology. Do you believe some are more important than others; use examples to defend your position.
- Identify and describe criteria for what determines the importance of a profession.
- Is it necessary to have so many different professions in the world?
4. Bill Gates said, “The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow.” Many people agree stating that, because communication via the Internet is not instantaneous, the world seems a smaller place, a more global community.
- Do you agree that the Internet creates a more accessible global community? Provide examples as support.
- In your opinion, is a “global village” more beneficial or disadvantageous? Explain.
- Relate this to your personal experience: explain a time when the Internet was either helpful or harmful in communication.
Зверніть увагу, свідоцтва знаходяться в Вашому особистому кабінеті в розділі «Досягнення»
Всеосвіта є суб’єктом підвищення кваліфікації.
Співпраця із закладами освіти.
Дізнатись більше про сертифікати.