Тема: «Історія про Пагоніні»
Мета: розширити знання учнів про життя і творчість відомих людей. Розширити лексичний запас з теми. Удосконалити і контролювати навички ознайомлювального читання.
Тип уроку: урок застосування знань, умінь і навичок.
Teaching skimming reading
1) Vocabulary help
Vienna [vɪ'enə] Вена (столица Австрии)
violin [vaɪə'lɪn] скрипка (инструмент)
blind [blaɪnd] сліпий, незрячий
drop [drɔp] кидати
2) Pre-reading discussion (try to predict what about will be the text)
Every day in one of the streets of Vienna you could see a blind man playing the violin. His dog sat near him with a cap in his mouth. People, who were passing them, dropped coins into the cap.
One day, when the weather was very cold, the man was playing for a long time, but nobody wanted to give him anything. The poor man thought that he would have to go to bed without supper. He was so tired and so weak that he stopped playing.
At that moment a young man came uр to him and asked him why he stopped playing. The blind man said he had played for two hours but nobody had given him anything.
"Give me your violin. I shall help you", said the man. And with these words he began to play. He played so well that people began to gather and soon there was a big crowd. Everybody was eager to listen to the fine music and to thank the young man for the pleasure.
Soon the cap was full of money.
"I don't know how to thank you", said the blind man. "Who are you?"
"I am Paganini", was the answer.
6) Choose the picture (where the situation takes place)
3) Answer to the questions
1. What do you think this story about?
2. What is the main idea in this story?
3. How the poor man earns money?
4) Think and create the title to this story
1. The man was blind
2. The man played the piano
3. One young woman helped the poor man
7) Draw the picture to this story
8) Think up the new end of the text