Урок з англійської мови на тему: «Україна – наша Батьківщина» розробка Садової Г.О.
Тема: Україна - наша Батьківщина. Мета: підвищувати загальну культуру учнів, розширювати їх світогляд; познайомити з культурою, історією і традиціями нашої країни; розвивати мовні, інтелектуальні, пізнавальні здібності; формувати позитивне ставлення до культури свого народу; виховувати доброзичливість, толерантність. Тип уроку: урок – вікторина. Обладнання: мультимедійне обладнання, роздатковий матеріал (карта України, картки із завданнями). Методи і прийоми проведення уроку: робота в групах, самостійна робота, випереджаюче завдання.
1. Who introduced Christianity as the official state religion in Kyivan Rus? a) Princess Olha b) Prince Yaroslav the Wise c) Prince Volodymyr d) Prince Oleh
c) Prince Volodymyr
In 988, Prince Volodymyr introduced Christianity as the official state religion in Kyivan Rus and ordered the destruction of all pagan idols.
2. What does the word “Cossack” mean? a) the shield of the country; b) a free and independent man; c) comes from the Ukrainian word, “to cut up”; d) man defending his own rights and the vital interests of the Ukrainian people.
b) a free and independent man
The word “Cossack” means a free and independent man. First Cossacks appeared in the 15th century. They lived according to the democratic principles.
3. Who joined Ukraine to Russia as an autonomous state? a) Petro Sahaidachniy b) Ivan Pidkova c) Ustym Karmaliuk d) Bohdan Khmelnytskyy
d) Bohdan Khmelnytskyy
Under Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytskyy ruling Ukraine joined Russia as an autonomous state. This union weakened the political role of Rech Pospolitaya, the plan of Vatican to catolize Ukraine.
Bohdan Khmelnytsky was born in 1596 and died in 1657 in Chyhyryn. He was Hetman of the Zaporozhian Host from 1648 to 1657. His greatest achievement was the Cossack Hetman State of the Zaporozhian Host (1648–1782).
4. What didn’t become the national symbol of Ukraine? a) the trident; b) blue and yellow flag; c) higher and local bodies of state power; d) the anthem.
c) higher and local bodies of state power
With the restoration of Ukrainian independence, by the Acts of Parliament in 1992, blue and yellow flag, the trident and the anthem became the national symbols of Ukraine.
Today the national flag of Ukraine is blue and yellow. It symbolized the blue sky above the yellow field. First accepted as the national Ukrainian flag by the Supreme Ukrainian Council in 1848.
The song “Ukraine Hasn’t Died Yet” has become the national anthem of our country. In 1863 the poem of Paul Chubynsky was set up to music by composer Michael Verbytsky.
The coat – of – arms of the state is a golden trident on a blue shield. The trident is the national symbol of the Ukrainian people, dating back to more than 3000 years.
5. How many nationalities are there in our country? a) more than 100 nationalities; b) more than 80 nationalities; c) more than 90 nationalities; d) more than 70 nationalities.
a) more than 100 nationalities
6. What is the largest lake on the territory of Ukraine? a) Svitiaz b) Yalpug c) Shelehovskoe d) Kalug
There are over 3000 lakes all over Ukraine. They are situated mostly in Polissia, the Black Sea lowlands and the Crimea.
7. The bridge in Kiev named after an outstanding Ukrainian scientist. The name of this scientist is … a) Paton b) Barabashov c) Glushkov d) Sinelnicov
8. Where can you see Gogol’s heroes and Nikolai Gogol himself? a) at the museum b) Dickanka c) Sorochintsy Fair d) the island of Khortytsia
c) Sorochintsy Fair
One of the popular traditions is the famous Sorochintsy Fair in a village in the Poltava region called Velikie Sorochintsi. Here everyone is doing something: selling, buying, singing and dancing.
9. What the most popular dish does have up to 20 components? a) yushka b) borsch c) halushkas d) varenyks
The most popular dish, called borsch, has up to 20 components. It is essential dinner dish. “Each hostess has her borsch”. There is a lot of variants to cook it.
10. Leonid Kadenyuk is … a) the outstanding scientist of Ukraine; b) the most successful football coach in Ukraine; c) the first cosmonaut of Ukraine; d) a legendary Ukrainian pop singer.
c) the first cosmonaut of Ukraine
Leonid Kadenyuk His motto: “It was my ambition - it has become my fate - do it and you will win”. In September 1997 he eventually went into space as a member of the international crew of the space shuttle Columbia.
11. When was Ukraine proclaimed an independent state? a) on the 20th of July, 1991; b) on the 24th of August, 1991; c) on the 28th of June , 1991; d) on the 24th of August, 1994.
b) on the 24th of August,1991
On the 24th of August we celebrate the Independence Day. It is a birthday of an independent Ukrainian state. There are a lot of concerts and dancers in the streets of the cities and towns.
Відображення документу є орієнтовним і призначене для ознайомлення із змістом, та може відрізнятися від вигляду завантаженого документу