1 Present Perfect.
He _____ (finish) training.
She _____ (score) twenty points in the match.
We _____ (watch) all the Champions League matches this season.
That's amazing! She _____ (run) fifteen kilometers this morning!
She _____ (buy) some really nice rollerblades!
Oh, no! I _____ (lose) my money!
My mum _____ (write) shopping list. It's on the kitchen table.
Dad, you _____ (eat) my biscuit!
I’m tired. I _____ (watch) three X-Files videos.
Hurry up! They _____ (start) the film!
Mary _____ (study) hard this year, so she'll pass her exams.
Oh no! She _____ (drop) the plate!
The garden is very green. It _____ (rain) a lot this month.
These are my favourite trousers. I _____ (have) them for five years.
Tom's my best friend. I _____ (know) him for three years.
They _____ (live) in Miami for two years.
Jo has earache. He _____ (have) it since 7 o'clock.
18Brad _____ (live) in Chicago since 1998.
2 for або since.
I've lived in Washington _____ 1997. 2 Ben has studied English _____ three years. 3 They haven't visited their grandparents _____ months. 4 Julie's ill. She's been in bed _____ Tuesday. 5 My dad has had his car_____ sixteen. 6 It's been ten years_____ we moved to Oxford.
3 Present Perfect або Past Simple.
1. Last night I (to feel) tired and (to go) to bed very early. 2. Where you (to spend) your holidays? 3. You ever (to spend) your holidays in the Crimea? 4. While travelling in the Crimea I (to meet) your friend. 5. I never (to visit) that place. 6. He (to visit) that place last year. 7. I just (to get) a letter from Tom. 8. You (to take) any photographs while travelling in the south? 9. He (to be) abroad five years ago. 10. You (to be) in the Caucasus last year? 11. They (to leave) England when he (to be) still a child. 12. He (not yet to come) back. 13. He (to go) already? 14. When you (to see) him last? 15. I (not to see) him for ages. 16. His health (to improve)greatly since I (to see) him last. 17. You (to pass) your driving test yet? —Yes, I (to pass) it in May, but I (not to buy) a car yet. 18. He already (to move). He (to find) a nice flat before Christmas and he (to be) there two years.
4 Present Perfect або Past Simple.
1. I (not yet to eat) today.
2. He (not to eat) yesterday.
3. You (to play) the piano yesterday?
4. You (to play) the piano today?
5. What you (to prepare) ?
6. He (to make) it last Sunday.
7. Where you (to put) my pen last lesson?
8.You (to see) Mary today?
9. When you (to see) Mary? — I (to see) her last week.
10. Your mother (to promise) to take you to the theatre?
11. Look at my new dress! I (to make) it myself.
12. He (to fall) ill yesterday.
13. I already (to do) my homework.
14. I (to do) my homework yesterday.
15. He just (to come) home.
16. He (to come) home a minute ago.
17. Nick (to play) football yesterday.
18. She already (to come) from school. Now she is doing her homework.
19. I (to read) this book last year.
20. I (to read) this book this year.
21. I never (to be) to Washington.
22. You ever (to be) to New York?
23. You ever (to see) the eruption of a volcano?
Exercise Составьте предложения в the Past Perfect Tense.
Brian /to return/ books to the library/before last Thursday.
We /to know/ the results of the test/before two o’clock yesterday.
I /to come/ to the office/before lunch time.
You / to make/ the order/before we came into the cafe.
Sally /to send/ the letters/before her boss returned from the bank.
The ferry /to reach/ the port/by three o’clock yesterday.
The performance /to finish/ by eight o’clock in the evening.
They / to build/ a new hospital/before the end of April.
Мах /to have dinner/ by four o’clock.
The baby /to wake up/ before you left home.
We … (already to give) our projects to the teacher.
Sandra … (to do) the shopping before the New Year Eve.
You … (not to phone) me by the end of the week.
I… (not to try) such a delicious cake before.
… your sister … (to reserve) the hotel room beforehand? — Yes, she … .
… Mr Smith … (to discuss) that problem with his lawyer? — No, he … .
Clara … (never to be) to the Pyramids before.
… you … (to take) part in this festival before? — No, I … .
Mark … (to finish) his work by 6 o’clock yesterday.
Розкрийте дужки, ставлячи дієслова у правильному часі
(Present Perfect або Past Perfect).
1. My sister is so upset: she (to lose) the key to the front door.
2. By the 1st of September all the children (to return) from the country.
3. Columbus (not to know) that he (to discover) America.
4. He (to discuss) this problem with a lot of people before he (to take decision).
5. I never (to be) to Greece.
6. She is very happy: her son (to finish) school.
7. I (not to dance) for ages.
8. My friend was so scared yesterday: his little brother (to fall) from the roof
and (to broke) his leg.
9. Your mother (to return) from work? Can I speak to her?
10. I (to buy) a lovely fashionable dress. Now I shall look smart at the party.
11. He (to learn) English before he (to go) to the USA.
12. You ever (to be) to NASA?