Відображення документу є орієнтовним і призначене для ознайомлення із змістом, та може відрізнятися від вигляду завантаженого документу. Щоб завантажити документ, прогорніть сторінку до кінця
1.a) Work in pairs. Discuss the questions.
1. Have you ever visited a national park?
2. Are there any parks in the place where you live?
3. Why are they so special?
4. What can you do and see there?
5. Do you think we should protect natural places? Why?
Yellowstone National Park Old Faithful Geyser
2.b) Read and translate the text.
Yellowstone, the First National Park
Yellowstone National Park is the first and the most famous national park in the USA. It is situated high in the Rocky Mountains. Yellowstone has many kinds of unusual scenery. Millions of people visit the park every year. The valley of the Yellowstone River has beautifully coloured rocks and three large waterfalls. If you come to the park in the early morning or evening, you can sometimes see a moose or a buffalo eating grass along the shores of Lake Yellowstone. The high mountains around Yellowstone are covered with evergreen forests. Great grizzly bears live there.
Yellowstone National Park has many areas with hot springs and geysers or hot water fountains. Old Faithful Geyser is one of the most famous among them. Every seventy minutes Old Faithful sends hot water about 150 feet high into the air. When you visit Yellowstone, you can ride a horse or hike along one of the paths. You can take a boat trip down the fast Snake River] or spend a quiet summer day fishing by a river or a blue mountain lake. In winter Yellowstone Park is covered with heavy snow, but visitors still come to ski and skate.
Glacier National Park
Glacier is a special place. The mountains, forests, lakes and grasslands provide home for many different animals. Grizzly bears, wolves, moose, deer, mice and squirrels are just a few of the animals that live there. It is also a place where, every summer, thousands of visitors come to see the mountains, take pictures and hike trails.
There is also a special programme for children there. They can become a Glacier National Park Junior Ranger. It is really pretty easy. Children of 6 - 12 year old have to do the activities in the special newspaper. They can get their parents, older brothers and sisters or another adult to help them if they want. They can also ask a Park Ranger for help if they get stuck on any of the activities. Then children return the newspaper to the Visitor Information Centre, give the Junior Ranger Pledge and get there a Glacier Park Junior Ranger badge. Children usually have fun learning about Glacier National Park.
3.Work in pairs. Take turns to ask and answer the questions.
1. What are the main parts of Glacier National Park?
2. What animals can you see in this park?
3. What can children do in the park?
4. How can children become a Glacier National Park Junior Ranger?
5. Who can help the children to answer all the questions in the list'
Look at the sentences and put the verbs in brackets into the present perfect form.
1) My best friend and I __________ (know) each other for over ten years.
2) I __________ (not buy) anyone a present recently.
3) My father __________ (have) the same job for ages.
4) I __________ (live) in the same house since I was born.
5) My English teacher __________ (not work) at this school for very long.
6) I __________ (not spend) much money recently.
7) My partner __________ (be) at school today for longer than me.
8) I __________ (send) a few text messages today.
9) I __________ (not make) any new friends in the last few weeks.
10) Nobody in my family __________ (receive) good news recently.
11) I __________ (feel) happy since I woke up this morning.
12) I __________ (not see) a good film at the cinema for a long time.
Зверніть увагу, свідоцтва знаходяться в Вашому особистому кабінеті в розділі «Досягнення»
Всеосвіта є суб’єктом підвищення кваліфікації.
Співпраця із закладами освіти.
Дізнатись більше про сертифікати.