Відображення документу є орієнтовним і призначене для ознайомлення із змістом, та може відрізнятися від вигляду завантаженого документу. Щоб завантажити документ, прогорніть сторінку до кінця
Unit 8. Travelling to the USA
1.Work in pairs. Read and match.
2.Read the story. Say why you would like to tour the White House.
The White House Tour
On the second day of their holidays in Washington, D.C, Steve and his family toured the White House, the home of the President of the United States.
The White House is made of sandstone. It is painted white to make it look like marble. Most pictures show the building from the north side, where it seems to be a two-storey structure. The White House, however, really has four storeys.
The most famous room is the East Room. Important people from all over the world have been in this room. But the visitors have never used it for entertaining.
The President and the President's family spend most of their time in private rooms on the third floor.
There are offices, a sitting room, a library and a living space on the third floor, too.
The building has changed much over the years. A dentist's office, a doctor's office, a swimming pool, a gym and even a movie theatre have been added lately.
Lesson 4.The White House Tour
3.Agree or disagree. Correct the wrong statements.
1. The Parkers visited the White House on their first day of the visit.
2. The White House is made of marble.
3. The White House has two storeys.
4. Important people from all over the world have been in the East Room.
5. Visitors used the East Room for entertaining.
6. The President's family spends most of their time in private rooms on the third floor.
7. There is a sitting room, a library and a living space there, but there are no offices there.
8. The building hasn't changed its structure much over the years.
Зверніть увагу, свідоцтва знаходяться в Вашому особистому кабінеті в розділі «Досягнення»
Всеосвіта є суб’єктом підвищення кваліфікації.
Співпраця із закладами освіти.
Дізнатись більше про сертифікати.