Відображення документу є орієнтовним і призначене для ознайомлення із змістом, та може відрізнятися від вигляду завантаженого документу. Щоб завантажити документ, прогорніть сторінку до кінця
Task 1. Write the correct form of the verb.
I can't imagine Peter ______ (go) by bike.
He agreed ______ (buy) a new car.
The question is easy _______ (answer).
The man asked me how ______ (get) to the airport.
I look forward to ______ (see) you at the weekend.
Are you thinking of _______ (visit) London?
We decided _______ (run) through the forest.
The teacher expected Sarah ________ (study) hard.
She doesn't mind _______ (work) the night shift.
I learned _______ (ride) the bike at the age of 5.
Task 2. Choose the correct form (infinitive with to or without to or gerund).
We go ______every week. (swim, to swim, swimming)
Let it ______. (be, to be, being)
He dreams of _______an actor. (become, to become, becoming)
They enjoy _______. (cycle, to cycle, cycling)
It is not easy ______ good friends. (find, to find, finding)
My friend is afraid of _______. (fly, tly, flying)
Jane is good at _______. (read, to read, reading)
He wanted _______a new computer game. (buy, to buy, buying)
I am crazy about _______. (sing, to sing, singing)
You must _______to my party. (come, to comt, coming)
Task 3. Complete the sentences:
1) Thousands of people became … of the storm and flood.
2) Jackson prefers to …with people who are intellectually inferior to him at school.
3) With her carefully crafted … and makeup, Hannah was so attractive.
4) Do you want to go … a hot dog or something?
5) Andrew has always been … with horse riding.
6) He was … by volume of music at the concert.
7) We also have the special group of … customers who want to buy trendy clothes only.
Exercise 1. Write the correct form of the verb.
We decided ______ (buy) a new car.
They've got some work ______ (do).
Peter gave up _______ (smoke) .
He'd like _______ (fly) an aeroplane.
I enjoy _______ (write) picture postcards.
Do you know what _______ (do) if there's a fire in the shop?
Avoid _______ (make) silly mistakes.
My parents wanted me _______ (be) home at 11 o'clock.
I dream about _______ (build) a big house.
I'm hoping _______ (see) Lisa.
Exercise 2. Choose the correct form (infinitive with to or without to or gerund).
I hope _______ you again soon. (see, to see, seing)
We enjoy _______. (dance, to dance, dancing)
He dreamt about _______ an astronaut. (be, to be, being)
I'd love _______ another holiday in Spain. (spend, to spemd, spending)
Why not _______ to the cinema tonight? (go, to go, going)
His jokes made us _______. (laugh, to laugh, laughing)
They practised _______ the guitar. (play, to play, playing)
I told him _______ up. (shut, to shut, shutting)
She was busy _______ for her exams. (study, to study, studying)
There is no reason for ________. (cry, to cry, crying)
Task 3. Fill in the gaps:
People often complain …… about youth, about young people.
Today the word “youth” often makes us think of badly …… teenagers.
Suddenly young people decided they wanted more …… and could do what they wanted.
They …… against society.
A …… youth culture developed, with youth fashion, youth clubs and music.
Today we unfortunately have things like youth …… .
Then, young people were …… young people.
I can't imagine Peter going by bike.
He agreed to buy a new car.
The question is easy to answer .
The man asked me how to get to the airport.
I look forward to seeing you at the weekend.
Are you thinking of visiting London?
We decided to run through the forest.
The teacher expected Sarah to study hard.
She doesn't mind working the night shift.
I learned to ride the bike at the age of 5.
Task 3. Key: 1) victims, 2) hang out, 3) outfit, 4) grab, 5) fascinated, 6) irritated, 7) picky.
1. We decided to buy a new car.
2. They've got some work to do .
3. Peter gave up smoking .
4. He'd like to fly an aeroplane.
5. I enjoy writing picture postcards.
6. Do you know what to do if there's a fire in the shop?
7. Avoid making silly mistakes.
8. My parents wanted me to be home at 11 o'clock.
9. I dream about building a big house.
10. I'm hoping to see Lisa.
Task 3. Key: 1) a lot, 2) behaved, 3) independence, 4) rebelled, 5) whole, 6) crime, 7) just.
*** Exercise 3. Decide whether to use Infinitive (with/without to) or Gerund.
1. On 17th February 2003, a congestion charge for driving in central London was introduced.
2. The aim was to reduce the number of vehicles in London's City.
3. People now have the choice between paying the charge and not driving into the City.
4. The charge has proven very successful in turning away traffic from the City.
5. As the traffic has been reduced by about 20 percent, journey times in the City tend to decrease.
6. According to an opinion poll, more than 50 percent of Londoners say that it is okay to charge people fordriving into the City.
7. They are relieved to find the traffic flow more easily.
8. Before introducing the charge, average speed in the City was about 10 mph.
9. Now, people who decide to pay the charge can travel at a higher speed, approximately 20 mph.
10. Many Londoners, however, have chosen to go by bus as delays to buses are now down by half.
11. London's buses have seen passenger numbers rise by 14 percent.
Зверніть увагу, свідоцтва знаходяться в Вашому особистому кабінеті в розділі «Досягнення»
Всеосвіта є суб’єктом підвищення кваліфікації.
Співпраця із закладами освіти.
Дізнатись більше про сертифікати.