Відображення документу є орієнтовним і призначене для ознайомлення із змістом, та може відрізнятися від вигляду завантаженого документу
Form 9 (Test on Writing) Semester I
Task 1: Complete the sentences using Gerund
1)She stopped (to smoke).
2) I finished (to do) my homework.
3) They keep on (to fight)
4) We discussed (to move) to Florida.
5) You recommended (to wait) until tomorrow.
6) He recalled (to fall asleep) on the couch.
7) She practices (to play) those drums all the time.
8) John completed (to fix) the car.
9) The job involves (to deal) with animals.
10) Brian mentioned (to stay up) late.
II. Fill in the gaps with who, which, whose, where, when.
1. What do you call the profession … is the most popular
2. That’s the shop … they sell skateboards.
3. That’s the boy … dog attacked me.
4. I remember the day … there was a festival in our town.
5. The people … live above our flat are very noisy.
6. The school subject … everybody likes is PE.
III. Guess the names of the jobs using these explanations.
1. a person whose job is to help people with the law or talk for them in court.
2. a person whose business is to buy, sell or look after houses.
3. a person who works to improve bad social conditions and help people in need.
4. a person who welcomes or deals with people arriving at a hotel,, at a place of business, visiting a doctor.
5. a person trained to look after sick animals.
6. a person whose job is to work with electricity.
IV. Imagine that your friend and you were offered to run a youth channel on local television.
1. What would you call your channel?
2. What kind of programmes do you want to have on your channel?
3. When will the programmes on your channel begin and finish?
4. Will there be any commercials?
5. What kind of films would you show on your channel?
Зверніть увагу, свідоцтва знаходяться в Вашому особистому кабінеті в розділі «Досягнення»