Будь ласка, оцініть матеріал!
Цілі: формувати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; удосконалювати навички усного мовлення й читання; розвивати мовну здогадку й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; виховувати позитивне ставлення до здорового способу життя.
Do ex, 1, p. 33.
Do ex. 2, p. 34.
Read the text.
What health habits is it about? Which of them are good and which are bad health habits?
Being overweight and physical inactivity are known from ancient times. They are joined by the modern bad habits: smoking and drinking too much alcohol, and the surprising “danger” of sleeping too much or too little, watching TV a lot, eating between meals and skipping meals. These poor health habits could lead to different diseases. Of course sleeping too much or too little, snaking and skipping meals are not quite as dangerous as smoking, overweight and drinking, but they are signs of dangerously chaotic lifestyles.
Regularity in life promotes your health. Sleeping seven or eight hours, getting up early, having a healthy diet, eating a variety of foods, taking regular exercise is really a good way to live.
4. Writing and speaking
Complete the chart below and say what a good way to live is according to the text.
Bad health habits
Good health habits
5. Vocabulary practice
Complete the following sentences with the words from the text above.
1. You shouldn’t ... meals. It is not a good way to lose weight.
2. The children have mid-morning ... at about 11 o’clock — usually fruit and a drink.
3. Regular exercise is a good ... for kids to develop.
4. Many of teens are ... because they eat too much junk food.
5. Overeating ... to being overweight.
6. It is important to have a balanced, healthy ... .
7. Regular exercise is part of a healthy ... .
8. A balanced diet ... good health and normal development.
9. She’s always complaining that the meals here don’t have enough ... .
Key: 1- skip, 2- snacks. 3- habit, 4- overweight, 5- leads, 6- diet, 7- lifestyle, 8- promotes, 9- variety.
6. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 3, p. 34.
7. Vocabulary practice
Do ex. 6, p. 36.
Here are some causes that children name to explain why they are unhealthy. Are they the same as you might have? Can you add more?
1. Teenagers sit at a desk all day long.
2. Teens miss PE lessons.
3. Children get too tired to exercise.
4. Children eat a lot of chocolate and sweets.
5. Children don’t go outside much.
6. Teenagers use computers a lot.
7. Pupils eat unhealthy school dinners.
8. Teenagers prefer junk food to healthy food.
9. Teenagers often visit fast food places like McDonald’s.
What has to be done to make teenagers healthier?
a health or fitness club.
a variety of activities to find what you enjoy.
adverts about things like chips.
eating junk food.
healthy fast food places.
healthy food that tastes as nice as junk food.
the junk food with less calories and fat.
to watch what you eat.
TV, computer and video game time.
Відображення документу є орієнтовним і призначене для ознайомлення із змістом, та може відрізнятися від вигляду завантаженого документу.
Будь ласка, оцініть матеріал!