Відображення документу є орієнтовним і призначене для ознайомлення із змістом, та може відрізнятися від вигляду завантаженого документу. Щоб завантажити документ, прогорніть сторінку до кінця
1. Read the texts. Then ask and answer the questions below.
Mariyinskiy Palace the Kyiv-PecherskaLavra
Mariyinskiy Palace is in an old part of the city on the top of a hill. MariyaOleksandrivna, the wife of the Tsar Oleksandr II, gave money to build a big park near the palace. That’s why people called this park and the palace “Mariyinskiy”.
The park is one of the favourite places of Kyivites. Children are happy here with their bikes, balls and minicars. Elderly people sit on the benches and talk with their friends. Teenagers chat about their friends and school life.
1. Where is Mariyinskiy Palace?
2. What place is one of the favourite places among the Kyivites?
3. Why are children happy in the park?
4. What do elderly people do in the park?
5. What do teenagers do in the park?
The Kyiv-PecherskaLavra is on the green hills above the Dnipro. In the 9th century a monk called Anthony dug a small cave there. Later some other monks came and stayed there.
Many talented and famous people lived in the Kyiv-PecherskaLavra. They wrote about their lives in the caves. Some of the monks were great artists. They painted beautiful icons.
Some of the monks were doctors and helped people. Today the Kyiv-PecherskaLavra is both a monastery and a tourist attraction. Monks live, study, work and pray here.
1. Where is the Kyiv-PecherskaLavra situated?
2. Who dug a small cave in the 9th century there?
3. What did monks do there?
4. What did monks paint in the monastery?
5. What is the Kyiv-PecherskaLavra today?
3. Read and act out the telephone conversation.
Andrew: Hello. This is Andrew. May I speak to Ann, please?
Jane: I am sorry, Andrew. She is out. Would you like to leave a message for her?
Andrew: Yes, please. Tell her that we are going to meet her at Khreshchatyk Underground Station.
Jane: OK, Andrew, I’ll tell her.
Andrew: Thank you. Goodbye!
4. Speak in class. Tell your classmates what places in Kyiv you would like to visit.
Start like this:
A: Kyiv is the capital of Ukraine. It’s one of the most beautiful cities in the world. It’s on the picturesque banks of the Dnipro River. When I’m in Kyiv I’d like to visit the Golden Gate.
B: To my mind, the beauty of Kyiv is in its ancient architecture and old monuments. But you can also see modern buildings and visit modern cinemas.
C: Kyiv is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. When you are in Kyiv, you can come closer to the ancient walls, touch them and feel how different things were hundreds of years ago.
5. Put the verbs in brackets in the correct tense form and write down the sentences.
1. Many talented architects ….. (to work) for 10 years to create St. Volodymyr’s Cathedral.
2. The children .....(to look) at a great collection of tropical and subtropical plants now. They often …..(to come) to the Museum of Zoology in Kyiv.
3. Yesterday two teams ...... (to take part) in the football match from 7 till 9 at the stadium “Dynamo”. The famous team “Dynamo”……(to win) that game.
4. St. Sophia’s Cathedral …… (to be) one of Kyiv’s most impressive landmarks. Its construction (to begin) in 1037, although much of the Baroque exterior ......(to date) from the 18th century. The cathedral (to be) famous for its ancient mosaics and frescoes. It also ......... (to house) the tombs of several Kyyivan Princes, including its founder Yaroslav the Wise.
Зверніть увагу, свідоцтва знаходяться в Вашому особистому кабінеті в розділі «Досягнення»
Всеосвіта є суб’єктом підвищення кваліфікації.
Співпраця із закладами освіти.
Дізнатись більше про сертифікати.