Будь ласка, оцініть тест!
Match the words with the picture.
a job application
a state school
a design studio
Correct the mistakes. Mind the articles and particle "to".
a gournalist ____________
a bisinessman _____________
a bodigard ___________
a tourist gaide _______________
an interepreter ______________
to colect the male ___________________
an absolut prou _______________
to make a forchune _________________
an achivment ______________
a leading seplier __________________
a carent position __________________
Translate into English. Mind articles and particle "to".
провідний постачальник __________________
нинішня посада __________________
неправдивий, неправильний __________
розвиток мотивації ______________________
поліпшувати навички спостереження ___________________________________
заявка на роботу _________________
нова компанія ___________________
покращувати навички роботи з комп'ютером ________________________________
здобути потрібний досвід ________________________________
захоплюватись чиєюсь амбіцією ________________________
Match the phrasal verbs with their definitions
to look after
to look back on
to look down on
to look forward to
to look for
to look on
to look sth over/to look over sth
to look through
to look sth up/to look up sth
to wait impatiently for sth that is going to happen
to recollect, to think about sth that was in the past
to behave like you are better than someone
to watch, to observe
to search, to try to find sth
Match the formula and the tense!
S + will/shall + have + been + Ving+ ….
Have / Has + S + been + Ving?
Will + S + have VIII + TI+…
S + had + not + VIII + …
Shall/will + S + be V-ing?
Will/shall + S + have + been + Ving+ ….
S + will (shall) + not + V + SPS.
S + have been / has been + Ving
Did + S + V + SPS?
S + will have + VIII + TI +…
S+ will/shall + not + have + been + Ving+ ….
To be + S + Ving + SPS?
S + had + VIII + …
S + to be (past) + Ving + SPS.
Present Perfect Continuous (Affirmative)
Future Continuous (Interrogative)
Future Perfect (Affirmative)
Future Perfect Continuous (Affirmative)
Past Perfect (Affirmative)
Future Perfect (Interrogative)
Future Perfect Continuous (Negative)
Future Perfect Continuous (Interrogative)
Present Perfect Continuous (Interrogative)
Future Simple (Negative)
Past Simple (Interrogative)
Past Perfect (Negative)
Past Continuous (Affirmative)
Present Continuous (Interrogative)
Open the brackets and put the verbs in the correct tense forms.
At the end of June I (to work)______________________ with this employee for thirteen years. I receive a good salary and I (to be promoted)________________ soon. I am an absolute professional in this sphere and I work day and night.
My friend is unemployed. He (to refuse) _______ to work as a blue-collar worker last year. He (to work)________________ as a loader for 7 years by 2014. Then he was sacked. He sometimes (to get) ____ dole.
At this time next week my grandmother (to work) ______________________ as an interpreter for 20 years in this company. She (to retire)___________ soon.
She (to refuse) _______ to apply to college and attend any courses. It will be difficult to earn money and to become a famous pop-singer.
In my childhood I (to want)______ to be a fireman or a policeman, and now I (to work)____ as a lawyer. I (to want)____ to transfer because I am not satisfied with my salary.
Tomorrow at this time I (to work)______________________ as a sale representative in this company for 10 weeks.
Translate into English and complete the sentences. Mind the tense indicators and types of sentences.
What (приваблює) ________ him in his future profession?
She decided that she (розповість)__________ them about her achievements.
Sam (надав)_________ some inaccurate information in his job application.
We are sure that your parents (пишаються) _________ of your current position and (захоплюються твоїми амбіціями)_____________________.
This brand-new company (стане) ________________ a leading supplier of IT hardware in 2 years.
Kevin and Mark (все ще шукають) _____________________ the fact about an ideal combination of a job and hobby.
Their cousin (не погодився)_____________ to study at the state school.
The young architect (збирається здобути) ________________ the necessary experience in this design studio.
While Dan (покращував) _____________ his computer skills, Brian was improving his observation skills.
When Colin was reading the article about motivation development, his sister (принесла)_______ him a cup of coffee.
Supply the articles (a, an, or the) if they are necessary. If no article is necessary, put a hyphen "-" (дефіс).
___ Taylors live in _Bridge Street.
We can see___Moon at night.
I have just shaped up the project about ___ Dominican Republic.
She is staying at___ Plaza Hotel.
We enjoyed the tour around_ Lake Superior.
The train has just arrived at _ Ost Railway Station.
___rich should share with___poor.
The children will visit ___ Australian Museum in Sydney tomorrow.
___ police arrived at the bank in time.
_ Jamaica is situated in ___ Caribbean Sea.
General Test 8(1)
Choose the correct variant:
1) Sam drives me crazy! He_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)animated films all the time!
a) watches b) is watching c) watched d) has watched
2) Have you already heard about the release of_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)biopic?- No, I haven`t.
a) John Tolkien's b) John Tolkiens' c) John Tolkien' d) John Tolkiens
3) They _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)the shooting of the western before the costume designer caught the flu.
a) interrupted b) will interrupt c) was interrupting d) had interrupted
4) Sam's parents will be very angry_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)him. He has skipped a lot of lessons this month.
a) with b) at c) on d) to
5) It’s necessary for Jack_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)studies with work because he is short of money.
a) to separate b) to combine c) to connect d) to give
6) My classmates usually chat when they have_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)time.
a) hard b) vacant c) spare d) busy
7) He is going to leave ... his studies _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)his work.
a) both...or b) neither...nor c) either...or d) neither...or
8) As soon as the teacher _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)to the class, he’ll tell me all the mistakes in my test.
a) comes b) came c) will come d) come
9) _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)meet at 7:30 tomorrow evening and have a walk for a couple of hours.
a) Let b) Let him c) Let’s d) Don't
10) I’m starting my new job _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)the3rd of June.
a) on b) in c) at d) since
11) We didn’t speak _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)we were having a thirty-minute walk to the shop.
a) for b) though c) while d) when
12) When did Tom give up his job? – He _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)it up 2 weeks ago.
a) gives b) will give c) has given d) gave
13) Which of the accountants _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)a day-off on the 7th of July? – It will depend on how overloaded their timetable is.
a) will have b) have c) had d) has had
14) They haven’t participated in any competitions_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)a couple of months.
a) since b) for c) till d) in
15) While my brother _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)with his peers, I was sitting through a full day of lessons.
a) was hanging out b) hangs out
c) will be hanging out d) hung out
16) Today _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)people are eating out.
a) much b) a lot c) more and more d) such as
17) Angie doesn’t fully concentrate_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)preparation for her Maths exam.
a) at b) on c) about d) with
18) It’s my second time I_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)this well-equipped gym.
a) have attended b) attend c) attended d) is attending
19) You are not going for a picnic next weekend because you have _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)hectic schedule.
a) so b) such c) such a d) so a
20) My colleague will be celebrating her wedding party all tomorrow evening, and I _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) it because I’ll have to spend a couple of hours with my granny.
a) won't visit b) haven't visited c) don't visit d) isn't visiting
21) The school year_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)on the 28th of May.
a) will end b) ended c) is ending d) ends
22) It’s the third time she’s had a_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)walk after a long illness.
a) five-minute' b) five-minute c) five minutes d) five-minute's
23) When I was 8, I_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)go for a picnic with my grandparents to the country.
a) used to b) use to c) am used to d) have used to
24) _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)times have you attended Computer Science lectures this month?
a) How much b) How often c) How many d) How
25) Nick decided to pick up his brother because he had overslept and he _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)late for the Modern Art lesson.
a) could be b) can be c) will be d) were
26) Clive often plays table_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) in the afternoon.
a) piano b) cards c) tennis d) violin
27) My relatives have been to the _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d).
a) Spain b) Netherlands c) Australia d) London
28) One of the nicest parks in London is ... St. James’s Park, which is very near_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)Buckingham Palace.
a) - / the b) the / the c) the / - d) - / -
29) This pizza smells _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d).
a) delicious b) exciting c) deliciously d) disgustingly
30) Two days ago I got a present_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)my best friend.
a) of b) from c) at d) to
31) My trainer is_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) in our city.
a) the better b) more experienced c) the most experienced d) worse
32) The Smiths hired a popular music_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) to play at their son’s wedding party.
a) band b) festival c) comedy d) song
33) She appeared on stage with her husband who_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) to be deaf.
a) happen b) appears c) turned off d) turned out
34) This catchy tune is_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) these days.
a) anywhere b) everywhere c) nowhere d) somewhere
35) Nobody _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)that film, so everyone started to speak, to browse the Internet and all that jazz.
a) wasn't interested in b) is interested c) was interested in d) interested in
36) It seems that the Earth is the only planet_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)can support life.
a) who b) what c) where d) that
37) Detroit used to be a populated and overloaded with traffic city, but now _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)people live in it.
a) a few b) little c) few d) too many
38) Choose the right answer: My younger brother can’t play the violin! _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)
a) So can I! b) Neither do I! c) Neither can I! d) I can't too.
39) When there are many songs and dances the film is called a_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d).
a) western b) thriller c) musical d) detective story
40) I _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)neither loudspeakers nor headphones yesterday that’s why I won't participate in our online meeting in an hour.
a) bought b) didn't buy c) buy d) will have bought
41) The makeup and hair designer discussed cinematic techniques with _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d).
a) each another b) one another c) all d) each other
42) These novels _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)into French by our interpreters at the moment.
a) are being translated b) were translated
c) have been translated d) will be translated
43) James is the guitar player_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) was in love with Jessie.
a) which b) who c) whose d) which
44) I need_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) to accompany me to the recording studio.
a) anybody b) nothing c) any d) somebody
45) Lucy_ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)staying up late, so she's very tired and wants to have a nap today.
a) didn't use to b) isn't used to c) used to d) will use to
Read and translate the words.
network - мережа
analyst - аналітик
an increase - зростання
to seek - шукати
maintenance - обслуговування, підтримування
physician - лікар
to evolve - розвиватися
software - програмне забезпечення
hygienist - гігієніст
retention - утримання
Read the text.
Most Popular Careers of Present Day
(1) Network Systems Analyst
The development of IT has led to an increase in organizations seeking installation and maintenance of networked communications. Systems analysts sole problems related to networked computer technology.
(2) Physician Assistant
Physician Assistants are trained to provide diagnostic, therapeutic and preventative healthcare services, as overseen by a physician. Primary healthcare settings include family medicine and pediatric.
(3) Software Engineer
As IT continues to evolve, so does the work of computer software engineers, who design and develop new computer software systems. The engineer analyses users’ needs and designs software or programs to meet these needs.
(4) Fitness Trainer
Aerobics instructors and fitness trainers lead groups and individuals in a range of exercise activities. More people are spending time and money on their leisure activities, meaning employment opportunities for fitness instructors will grow.
(5) Dental Hygienist
As our healthcare involves an increasing emphasis on oral health and retention of natural teeth, work opportunities for dental hygienists are set to grow. Hygienists examine patients’ gums and teeth, remove deposits, administer x-rays, and more.
Read the descriptions of professions below and write the correct numbers to the corresponding letters. Mind that three letters are extra.
People of this profession:
A care about patients’ gums and teeth.
B work with the relevant software to retrieve and present data.
C need to understand every aspect of an organization’s database system.
D create new programs and other operating information used by a computer.
E are qualified to assist a physical and carry out routine clinical procedures supervised by a physician.
F resolve problems concerning networked computer technology.
G are being in increasing demand.
H perform tests, and treat and diagnose medical conditions in animals.
Read and translate the words.
slightly - трохи
attire - вбрання
effort - зусилля
in doubt - в сумнівах
lies - брехня
come across - наштовхнутися
modest - скромний
Read the text and match the words with their definition.
Daniel makes some classic mistakes in his interview.
Here are a few mistakes to avoid:
It can be difficult to choose the right job interview clothes. Most companies will give you information about their dress code, if you phone their reception. Even if they say they have a casual dress policy, it's still a good idea to dress in slightly smarter attire to show you've made the effort. If in doubt, dress slightly smarter than you usually would for work. Daniel, dressed in jeans and an open-neck shirt, is probably too casually dressed when compared with his interviewers.
Never tell lies. Daniel gave some inaccurate information in his job application and is found out in the interview. It’s better to tell what you can and not to tell what you cannot.
Appearing too confident
If you appear too confident and relaxed in an interview format this may come across badly and you may be seen as being arrogant. Unlike Daniel, it’s better to be modest about your achievements.
Not researching the company
Researching the company shows you're serious about the job and if you can demonstrate this in the interview then this will be looked on favourably. Have a few questions ready for the end of the interview where you can show that you have a thought about the job and the company.
not completely correct
making people like or approve of someone or something
Read and translate the words.
hit and miss - удача та невдача
confident - впевнений
a trick - трюк
an impression - враження
Listen and fill in the gaps.
Job interviews are always hit and miss for me. Sometimes I have a (1) _____ interview and get the job. Other times, my (2)_________ bombs and I don’t get the job. It’s really important to (3)_______. You must also be confident and (4)____ sure the interviewer knows you really want the job. The trick is to make the interviewer think you are the best (5)______for the job. I always wear my best suit and (6)______ early. I always smile when I walk (7)____ the interview room. First (8)___________are very important. It’s also a good (9)____to talk about your experiences - sell yourself. Make sure you have a few good (10)_________to ask at the end of the interview. Interview technique is something we (11)_____over time – you get to (12)_____more the more interviews you have.
Read and translate the words.
firm - міцний
soft - м'який
dry - сухий
to waffle - казати нісенітницю, говорити не по суті
beforehand - заздалегідь
Watch the video.
Choose True/False according to the video.
It’s necessary to keep eye contact. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
The handshake should be firm for your interviewer to understand that you have strong intentions for this job and you are self-confident. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
It’s necessary to listen to the interviewer. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
It’s not necessary to be concrete in your answers. You may waffle*. The most important thing is not to keep silent. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
Don’t mind body language. It is not important. Nobody pays attention to it. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
Don’t ask questions. It may offend your interviewer. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
Prepare before the interview. It is important to know some information about the company you are applying for. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
Рефлексія від 2 учнів
Будь ласка, оцініть тест!