Будь ласка, оцініть тест!
Correct the mistakes in the words and phrases:
1.to bourd the plaine __________________
2.exces luggege ______________
3.a chek-in coanter __________________
4.free laggage alowance ______________________
5.a comuter trein ________________
6.an esteite car _____________
7.a deperture loange __________________
8. a window seet _____________
9.a baording pass _______________
10.to precead __________
11.an isle seet _____________
12.a bakpeck __________
Translate the words and phrases. Write the words and phrases with a small letter. Mind the usage of the article with the nouns and particle "to" with the verbs:
1.подорож літаком _________________
2. туристичне агенство _______________
3. приготування до подорожі ___________________
4.подорож в межах своєї країни ______________
5.тур(екскурсія) по пам‘ятках __________________
6.світове турне ____________
7.ділова подорож _____________________
9.подорожувати без великого багажу _______________
10.подорож за межі своєї країни __________________
11.турпутівка, яка часто включає проїзд, проживання, харчування ______________
12.концертний тур ______________
Match the parts of the phrases.
1. to schedule
to enquire for
to bring prices
a competition among
the growing sectors of
to have prior
a lower fare
the travel industry
Open the brackets and pay attention to the usage of grammar tenses.
1. Their fashion designer (to cancel) ______________the flight by the weekend.
2. Single travellers (to attract) ____________________by this high-end hotel over the past ten years.
3. While this gardener (to memorize) _______________key phrases, that architect (to choose) ____________clothes according to local fashion.
4.Paris appeared to be a friendly city. So, we (not must) _______________avoid isolated areas.
5.The day before yesterday the travel agent (to ask) __________to make all necessary arrangements by a constant client.
6.She (to know) _____much about travelling alone.
7.Her co-worker (to have) _______ good prior knowledge before they (to single out) ___________ the hotel with lavish accommodations.
8.Look! My aunt (to buy) _________ a new knee-length dress and some accessories in order to look like a native.
9.Her husband always (to make) _____a copy of the documents. He (to consider) _________that it is preferable to save them on a memory card as well.
10.Some days ago I (to schedule) _________my flight, (to make) __________sure that my cell phone has international service and (to book) ______a room in one of the most fashionable hotels on the island.
11.Recently that businessman (to lose) ________his return ticket. And now he (to feel) _____powerless.
12. They (to write)_________________notes and directions on index cards for half an hour.
Open the brackets pay attention to the usage of grammar where necessary.
1. What __your cousin (to do) _____now? – He (to fill in) _____________ the (митна декларація) ___________________now.
2. Passengers (to ask) _______________by (працівник митниці) ___________________now.
3. The officer (to lable out) ___________our bags with their destination before we (to go through) _____________(паспортний контроль) ____________________.
4. Our children (to have a snack) ___________________while we were discussing (ціль нашої подорожі) _______________________.
5. I can’t see her assistant. He (to go) ________to (зона очікування вильоту) ____________________already.
6. Their uncle (not to hear) ____________ the announcement (посадка на літак) __________________ because he (to buy) __________the souvenirs in the duty-free shop.
7. (Туроператор) _________________ (to put)_______ in lots of effort recently to suggest them the best variant.
8. Passengers (to allow) ________________to use cell phones during (час відправлення) __________________.
9. When I entered the room she (to look for) _______________cheaper (рейси) _______.
10. Her nephew (to cancel)______________the ticket by that weekend.
Choose the correct variant.
1. She ... ________ (Варіанти:could, ought to, had to)be always honest with her clients.
2.He _____________________ (Варіанти:must have controlled, can control, may control) the inspection of the documents. But he went to make some coffee.
3.________ (Варіанти:Would, Must, Ought to) you please recommend an experienced and professional guide?
4. He ________________ (Варіанти:can learn, could learn, must have learnt) not to make wrong decisions. He has already lost so much money.
5.The passengers ___________________ (Варіанти:should be requested, are requested to, would be requested) weigh their luggage.
6. Their manager will have got a seat assignment at 5 o’clock tomorrow.
_______________________ (Варіанти:will be able to require, can require, must have required)
7. You __________ (Варіанти:should not, would not, are not to)to come home late at night.
8. Every passanger ______ (Варіанти:must, can, should) pass the security check at the airport before the flight.
9.You ________ (Варіанти:must, had to, ought to) call to your travel agent he will advice you the sights to visit.
HS 2, Unit 2 – General TEST 4
1. He has been living …__ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) since he left Turkey.
2. The members have been …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) the subject for six hours but they haven't come to an … yet.
a) arguing / acceptance
b) discussing / common point
c) debating / agreement
d) discussing / accepting
3. A good dictionary is an important …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) in learning a new language.
4. The tourists were very much …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) when they saw the magnificent mosques in Istanbul.
5. No one can say that he is trying to deceive us. I've known him since he was a child, and he has always been quite …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) about things.
6. His intention to …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) the two close friends didn't work as they both knew that he was not a real friend.
7. The doctor has been trying to find a(n) …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) to give to the poisoned patient.
8. England has many colonies. However, some of them are …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) and direct the countries themselves without receiving orders from England.
9. Technology isn't always …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) to humans. It may also destroy the nature.
10. Scientists have been doing research on the …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) between climate changes and the ozone layer.
11. Many visitors to the U.S. love …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) South, but I think I prefer … Northwest. I love Seattle.
a) the / the
b) - / -
c) a / the
d) the / -
12. The river flows … ___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d))south and then disappears into the swamplands in … west.
a) the / the
b) the / -
c) - / the
d) a / the
13. We donated to a charity which provides assistance to …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) elderly and … poor.
a) the / the
b) a / a
c) - / -
d) an / the
14. Have you ever met … ___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d))Wilsons? They are both … very wealthy.
a) the / a
b) the / -
c) the / the
d) a / the
15. Louis Braille created a writing system to allow …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) blind to read.
16. You should read this novel — it's been …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) recommended by all the critics.
17. Choose the correct option.___ (Варіанти:a), b), c))
a) I am usually having some coffee and toast for my breakfast
b) I usually have some coffee and toast for my breakfast
c) I am used to have some coffee and toast for my breakfast
18. Choose the correct option.___ (Варіанти:a), b), c))
a) I’m trying to eat a healthier diet.
b) I’m trying to eat a more healthy diet.
c) I try to eat a more healthy diet.
19. Choose the correct option.___ (Варіанти:a), b), c))
a) He’s never gone to New York.
b) He’s gone often to New York.
c) He’s never been to New York.
20. Choose the correct option.___ (Варіанти:a), b), c))
a) You haven’t to do that, you know
b) You didn’t have to do that, you know
c) You didn’t must do that, you know
21. Choose the correct option.___ (Варіанти:a), b), c))
a) When we finish the painting, we’ll have a cup of tea
b) When we’ve finished the painting, we’ll have a cup of tea
c) When the painting finishes, we’ll have a cup of tea
22. Choose the correct option.___ (Варіанти:a), b), c))
a) She asked the shop assistant to have a refund
b) She asked the shop assistant to give a refund
c) She asked the shop assistant for a refund
23. …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) do you take English class? – Because I want to improve my English.
d) How often
24. …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) does your father work? – He works at the post office.
25. You have to …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) the things which you learn many times during a day in order not to forget them.
a) put aside
b) do over
c) come up with
d) get along with
26. Can you …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) how to use these tools?
a) get around
b) turn down
c) figure out
d) set out
27. - Let's go to swimming. - Sorry but, I don't …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) it. We may go tomorrow. I want to stay at home today.
a) feel like
b) get away
c) hold on
d) get through
28. The doctor warned him to …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) smoking as soon as possible if he did not want to die of cancer.
a) get over
b) give off
c) feel like
d) give up
29. - Hello, can I speak to Mr. Kurshad, please? - He has just entered his office, I can … ___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d))you … sir.
a) put up with
b) put through
c) hang up
d) hold on
30. Both of the films are available at the moment. You can choose …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) of them.
31. When the king died the young prince became the new ruler of the … ___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)).
32. You've been looking forward …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) the leisure of summer, … you have more time to spend relaxing … family and friends.
a) for / while / near
b) for / as / beneath
c) to / when / with
d) to / as / close
33. …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) Carl White is on the phone now, could you wait for a minute?
34. A new book … ___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d))by that company next year.
a) will be published
b) is publishing
c) will publish
d) will have been published
35. Ann …__ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) that she … the visitor before.
a) have thought / had seen
b) thought / had seen
c) is thinking / sees
d) thought / saw
36. Stressful life events, such as losing a job or a relationship ending, …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) an episode of depression.
a) must have triggered
b) may have triggered
c) may trigger
d) ought to have triggered
37. This is the best wine I have ever drunk but I …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) the same thing for the cheese.
a) cannot say
b) would not say
c) should not say
d) must not say
38. Most people know that smoking …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) lung cancer, but also it … to many other cancers and illnesses.
a) used to cause / would lead
b) might cause / would lead
c) can cause / may lead
d) could cause / had better lead
39. Bayan said you …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) her anything for her birthday, but I really think you should at least get her some beautiful flowers or a nice bottle of wine.
a) may not have bought
b) didn’t need to buy
c) could not buy
d) needn’t have bought
40. I heard that she went to town by bike. She …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) by bike. I would have given her a lift in my car.
a) needn’t have gone
b) mustn’t have gone
c) couldn’t have gone
d) didn’t need to go
41. When Tom finds the muff, a flood of knowledge and emotion is …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) .
42. After so many years, when they saw each other, the two sisters …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) and continued on to a nearby inn.
43. This university …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) more studying than many students can cope with.
44. Tom is …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) from a deep sleep by sounds of a quarrel outside his door.
45. He was an autocrat and everyone …___ (Варіанти:a), b), c), d)) it a privilege to obey his orders.
Read the texts below.Match choices (A–H) to (1-5).There are three choices you do not need to use.
WHICH OF THE ADVERTISEMENT IS ABOUT___?
a rental offer
a job vacancy
a volunteering program
a sports competition
a family-run restaurant
an educational course
Read the text below. Choose from (A–H) the one which best fits each space (–5).There are two choices you do not need to use.
How Does Your Body Move?
A might tell the brain “There is my schoolbus”
B which carrymessages between your brain and the rest of your body
C lets you experience the wonderful world around you
D which also includes your brain and spinal cord
E how we think, dream,reason and experience emotions
F by sending alternating electrical andchemical signals
G might convertsignals that carry information to the brain
H how do your eyes, ears, and nose tell your brain
How does your body move? Does the brain send it messages? And in return, (1)_ (Варіанти:A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H)
what they see, hear, and smell? The answer is your nerves!
Nerves are thin, threadlike structures (2) _ (Варіанти:A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H). Nerves run down your spine and branch out all the way to your fingers and toes. This system of nerves controls your body, tells your muscles to move, and (3)_ (Варіанти:A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H). Nerves are a part of your nervous system,(4)_ (Варіанти:A, B, C, D, E, F, G).
Your nerves are made of cells called neurons. Neurons send and receive messages between your brain and the other parts of your body (5)_ (Варіанти:A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H).
Messages flash from neuron to neutron along your nerves and inside your brain. Signals from your eyes (6)_ (Варіанти:A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H). The brain then sends signals that move very fast from cell to cell making sense of the message. Then the brain sends signals back down to the nerves connected to your leg muscles to say, “Run to the bus stop!”
Listen to the text and choose the correct variant.
Before listening read the words with the translation:
1.cells - клітини
2.а bacteria - бактерія
3.а mite - кліщ
1. Only about one tenth of the cells in your body are ...__________ (Варіанти:alive, really you, bacteria)
2. Bacteria are mostly ...____________________ (Варіанти:really helpful, bad for humans, neither bad nor good)
3. Animals need bacteria to ...______________ (Варіанти:fight diseases, provide energy, digest food)
4. You have ...____________ (Варіанти:7 million, 7 trillion, 7 octillion) cells in your body.
5. Most of the atoms are ...___________ (Варіанти:tiny cubes, not used, empty space)
6.You probably have mites in your ...__________ (Варіанти:hair, ears, eyelashes)
7.Mites are very small creatures that are about ...
____________________________ (Варіанти:3 millimetres long, a third of a millimetre long, 0.03 millimetres long)
8. Mites eat ...______________ (Варіанти:dead skin, your eyelashes, tiny insects)
Complete the sentences with a correct word:
1. Only one tenth of the cells in your body are really you. The rest are ________ (Варіанти:bacteria, atoms, mites).
2. An experiment found that animals that did not have bacteria ____________ (Варіанти:were ill, lived longer, died)or had to have a special diet.
3. You would be much too small to ____ (Варіанти:find, see, kill).
4. Mites are really small creatures, like _______ (Варіанти:insects, flies, spiders).
5.They live in eyelashes and ________ (Варіанти:hair, nose, eyebrows).
6.Only about __ (Варіанти:10, 50, 30)per cent of people have mites.
7.Mites eat dead ______ (Варіанти:cells, people, skin).
Рефлексія від 1 учня
Будь ласка, оцініть тест!