Будь ласка, оцініть тест!
Correct the mistakes.
3.an intrepreter ______________
4.a hairdreser _____________
5.a mainer _______
6.a veterenarian ______________
7.a sychologyst ______________
8.a lowyer ________
9.a mekanic __________
10.a louder ________
11.an architector ____________
12.an aprentise _____________
Write during, for, while to complete the sentences below. Mind the usage: during+noun(pronoun); while+subject+verb; for+length of time.
She has been sleeping ___ ten hours.
I lived in London ___ over two years.
I met George ______ my trip to Barcelona.
The singer fell ill _____ they were on tour.
She gets up at 6 and meditates ___ an hour before going to work.
He scored a goal ______ the second half of the match.
She fell asleep ______ the exam.
Paul has been in a wheelchair ___ most of his life.
I met Sally _____ I was on holiday in Scotland.
We should travel _____ we are still young.
From the sentences given below choose all the sentences in Passive Voice.
Put the verbs from the brackets into Future Perfect Continuous.
1.Susan ...______________________(to work) as a librarian for 15 years by the end of this month.
2.Jason ..._______________________(to train) for 25 minutes when you come to the gym.
3.We ..._______________________(to stand) in a queue to the butcher`s for half an hour by that time.
4.Our new florist ...________________________(to receive) a high salary for a year by that time.
5.The tailor ..._____________________(to sew) John`s suit for a month by the 25th of December.
6....____your brow maker ..._________________(to read) this novel for 3 weeks by the time you come to her?
Choose the correct tense form of the predicate for each gap below.
1.I________________ (Варіанти:'ve read, am reading, 've been reading) the book you lent me for two days and it's great. I'll give it back to you when I finish it.
2. Bruce________________ (Варіанти:has been playing, is playing, played)tennis since he was a child. He ________________ (Варіанти:has won, has been winning, won) many trophies.
3.You _________________ (Варіанти:'ve spent, 've spending, 've been spending)too much time playing that stupid game! And now your homework isn`t done and you have no time for it.
4.The kids_________________ (Варіанти:have played, have been playing, are playing)tennis since 10 o'clock.
5.He________________ (Варіанти:is fishing, has been fishing, fished) since he was a little boy.
6. ______________________ (Варіанти:Have you caught, Have you been catching, Have you catching)any fish today?
7.A: He __________ (Варіанти:is sending, sent, has sent)hundreds of job applications, but he's got no answers yet.
B: How long ___________________ (Варіанти:has he been looking, has he looked, did he look)for a job?
8.Now that I ___________________ (Варіанти:have finished, have been finishing, am finishing) tidying the house, I am free and can go for a walk.
9. Sam _________________ (Варіанти:has applied, has been applying, applied)to college 2 weeks ago and they have to send their answer romorrow.
10.Michael ________ (Варіанти:has left, left, had left)the job in this company before I started working there.
HS 1 2021 – UNIT 7 - General TEST 2
1. We went ____ (Варіанти:into, in, at, for)a living room.
2. Look!The mother ____________ (Варіанти:was wrapping, are wrapping, is wrapping, wrapping)the baby into a blanket.
3. ______________ (Варіанти:Can I sleep, Can I to sleep, Can I sleeping, Can I sleeped) in the top bunk bed?
4. I want to wash my hands, where is the ______________ (Варіанти:cushion, soap dispenser, blanket, paper pot)?
5. They are my _________________ (Варіанти:fostered parents, fosting parents, foster parents, fostering parents).
6. I haven't seen you __________ (Варіанти:for an age, for age, ages, for ages)!
7. I can't talk to you, because I am concentrating ___ (Варіанти:on, at, in, for)my studies.
8. I __________ (Варіанти:be used to, used to, using to, use to)eat a lot of ice-cream when I was 5.
9. Where is Jack? - He is hanging____ (Варіанти:up, out, over, on)with peers.
10. He told me my dad __________________ (Варіанти:hadn't be eating, hadn't been eating, had been eating, hadn't eating) but I think he did.
11. Mike’s sister-in-law _____________ (Варіанти:was listening, listened, was listen, listen)to music when her brother phoned.
12. James was sacked_____ (Варіанти:about, of, from, for) that job because of his mistakes.
13. We need to hire a _________ (Варіанти:ripaimen, repairman, repayrman, repaivman), the sink is broken.
14. Oh, all the dishes at your restaurant are so delicious! Say "thanks" to your _________ (Варіанти:chef, mother, cooker, dishmaker)!
15. We need to consult a _________ (Варіанти:butcher, tailor, architect, florist) to buy the flowers for our wedding.
16. How long _____________ (Варіанти:have you been, has you been, have you be, was you be)a surgeon?
17. My grandpa ______________________ (Варіанти:will working, will have been working, will worked, will been working)as a mechanic for 40 years by next year.
18. Jack ________ (Варіанти:was, has been, had been, is)unemployed for 4 years when he found this job.
19. ___ (Варіанти:Did, Why, Was, Can) all the information given in the text familiar to you?
20. Last winter holidays he went to ___ (Варіанти:a, an, -, the)United States of America to his relatives.
21. They had ___ (Варіанти:a, an, -, the) good chance to take many nice pictures.
22. We agreed to meet in ___ (Варіанти:a, an, -, the) week.
23. Alex wanted to see me and we met in ___ (Варіанти:a, an, -, the) city centre.
24.____ (Варіанти:By, Over, As, When)30 000 tourists come to this monument every year.
25. The temperature yesterday was 2 degrees _______ (Варіанти:under, by, between, below)zero.
26. I borrowed this book ____ (Варіанти:out, in, from, for)the library.
27. The tutor placed the books ___ (Варіанти:on, in, to, for)a row.
28. Bob turned his pockets...___________ (Варіанти:upside down, to, inside out, over)but still couldn`t find enough money for the magazine he wanted to buy.
29. Jeff and Emily _________________ (Варіанти:been playing, have playing, have been playing, have been played) tennis for two hours.
30. His publisher has been discussing the biography of an outstanding writer _____ (Варіанти:for a, for, a, in a) long time.
31. He _________________ (Варіанти:has known, has been knowing , knew, known)me since childhood.
32. Jane _________________ (Варіанти:hasn’t been using, used, hasn’t used, didn't use) that magazine yet.
33. They ______ (Варіанти:like, likes, liked, liking)to read fairytales.
34. Why don’t you call ___ (Варіанти:in, off, on, for) my brother when you’re in Brighton?
35. The trip to Spain might be called ____ (Варіанти:back, in, off, for)because of the weather.
36. Our grandma likes to look _______ (Варіанти:on, at, back on, down on)the years she spent in London.
37. Come ___ (Варіанти:at, on, off, for)! We don`t want to be late, do we?
38. Her cousin has a very good visual _________ (Варіанти:memorize, memorable, memory, memo).
39. I can hardly ___________ (Варіанти:imagination, imaginable, imagine, imaginary) such a character.
40. He is a very talented _____________ (Варіанти:confectioner, confectionair, konfectioner, confecshener).
41. He was ____ (Варіанти:out, in, from, back)of work for eighteen months.
42. He started working for the company as a ______ (Варіанти:poorly, poor, poored, poorer)paid clerk.
43. Susan's parents didn't want their daughter ___________ (Варіанти:to become, become, becomes, will become) a doctor.
44. ________ (Варіанти:Two, Together, Both, They) Joan and Steve are very ambitious young people.
45. Are you _________________ (Варіанти:a furniture maker, a plumber, a journalist, a babysitter)? I saw you on TV.
You will hear five short conversations.
There is one question for each conversation.
For questions 1-5,choose the right answer.
Example: What time will they meet?
1. What was the weather like when the holiday began?___ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
2. What did Peter buy today?__ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
3. How far is it to the beach?__ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
4. What will Tim and his dad play today?__ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
5. What does the woman want?__ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
Listen to a woman talking to her son, Chris, about the things he has to do. What will he do at each time?
For questions 6-10, choose a letter A – H next to each time.
You will hear the conversation twice.
6 - 12:00 ___ (Варіанти:A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H)
7 - 12:30__ (Варіанти:A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H)
8 - 13:00___ (Варіанти:A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H)
9 - 13:30___ (Варіанти:A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H)
10 - 14:00___ (Варіанти:A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H)
Listen to Amanda talking to a friend about a birthday party.
For questions 11-15, choose A, B or C.
You will hear the conversation twice.
11.Which ice-cream will they have at the party?
______ (Варіанти:coffee, lemon, apple)
12. What is broken?
_____________________ (Варіанти:the CD player, the cassette recorder, the guitar)
13. Whose birthday is it?
_________________ (Варіанти:Emma`s, Joan`s, Amanda`s sister`s)
14.What present has Amanda bought?
__________ (Варіанти:a camera, a video, a football)
15.What time should people arrive at the party?
_________ (Варіанти:8 p.m., 8:30 p.m., 9:30 p.m.)
Read the texts below. Match choices (A-H) to (1-6). There are two choices you do not need to use.
__ _The ground hog is a small burrowing animal that hibernates during the winter months. Legend says that he emerges on February, 2. If he sees his shadow (on sunny day), he will be frightened and return to his burrow. This is supposed to indicate six more weeks of wintry weather. If not, then spring is near.
__ _ This was originally a religious holiday, but its religious character has been lost in the United States, and is now celebrated mostly as a children's day. Traditions include carving out pumpkins with funny faces as well as dressing up in costumes and going around the neighborhood to receive treats of candy, fruit, and cookies. More and more adults celebrate Halloween. They dress up like historical or political figures and go to masquerade parties. Teenagers enjoy costume dances at their schools and the more outrageous the costume - the better!
___On this day Americans honor their mothers by sending them flowers, buying small gifts, and taking them out to eat so that they don't have to do any work around the house.
___Easter is a religious holiday for Christians who believe that Christ rose from the dead on the day. Many folk traditions are now connected with Easter, including the decoration of brightly colored eggs and giving baskets of candy to children.
___As in many other countries, this day is marked by the custom of playing practical jokes on one's friends and colleagues. The victim of these jokes is called an April fool. Today, April Fool’s jokes are played mostly by children, who enjoy the holiday very much.
___Saint Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland, and this holiday was brought to America by Irish immigrants. People celebrate this day by wearing something green and getting together with friends to party and sing Irish folk songs.
In which passage can you read about the holiday_________?
A when people send flowers to their mothers
B connected with the decoration of brightly coloured eggs
C when an animal informs about the coming spring
D originated in Ireland
E when children go around the neighbourhood to receive treats of candy
F when people march along the streets
G when people dance around the fir tree
H when people play jokes on each other
In November 1963 someone (1)_____ President John F. Kennedy when he (2)__ _Dallas. He (3)____ later in hospital. The police (4)_____the killer, Lee Harvey Oswald. Later Oswald (5)_____ _at the police station by Jack Ruby, a nightclub owner . November 22nd (6)___ one of the most important days in modern american history. Most americans can remember what they (7)_____ when they (8) ______about the news of Kennedy`s assassination.
Рефлексія від 1 учня
Будь ласка, оцініть тест!