Будь ласка, оцініть тест!
Match the word with the appropriate picture.
Task1. Choose the item which does not belong to the group.
1.Things you wear on your feet. __________ (Варіанти:boots, dress, high heels, shoes, socks, sandals)
2.Things you wear in a formal situation. ___________ (Варіанти:high heels, tracksuit, tie, suit)
3.Things that cover most of your body.__________ (Варіанти:dress, headscarf, sari, tracksuit, suit)
4.Things that women often wear._____________ (Варіанти:dress, headscarf, sari, tie, high heels)
5.Things that men often wear.________ (Варіанти:boots, socks, shoes, sandals, sari)
Task2. Choose the correct variant.
1.You can't put _____ (Варіанти:socks, shoes, a tie)onafter you've put on _____ (Варіанти:shoes, a tie, socks).
2. Both men and women wear shoes and sandals, but usually only women wear __________ (Варіанти:flip flops, boots, high heels).
3.In hot weather __________ (Варіанти:tracksuits, shorts, sweaters),are cooler than trousers and ________ (Варіанти:sandals, boots, sneakers)are cooler than shoes.
4. In many companies, men must wear _______ (Варіанти:a scarf, a suit, a tie)to work.
5. A ________ (Варіанти:a hat, overolls, tights)goes on the head and a _________ (Варіанти:stockings, a scarf, a sleeve)goes around the neck.
6. In a traditional Indian wedding, most women wear a ________ (Варіанти:a bra, sari, a bowtie).
Match the word with the appropriate translation.
Correct the mistakes in the words.
1.a breselet __________
2.an umbrrela ___________
3.a clatch ________
4.a showl _______
5.a broosh ________
6.a pentent _________
7.a neklase __________
8.a caflink __________
9.a tea clip __________
10.a skarf _______
11.a chein _______
12.a lase ______
Use the correct expressions to complete the passive sentences. Fill in a small letter into each gap.
a. at the garage
b. in Japan
c. in the Himalayas
d. for too long
e. in Brazil
f .by Miguel Cervantes
g. by Leanardo da Vinci
h. between 7 and 10 a.m.
i. in 1896
1.'Don Quixote' was written _.
2.A lot of coffee is grown_.
3.The world's highest mountains are found _.
4.The Mona Lisa was painted _.
5.Many electronic goods are made _.
6.The first modern Olympic Games were held _.
7.I don't have my car at the moment. It's being repaired _.
8.This chicken's really dry. It's been cooked _.
9.Breakfast will be served _in the hotel restaurant.
Match the following question words with the appropriate answer
What kind of
Which of your relatives
a lot of accountants
intelligent and helpful
five times a month
at the concert
the famous singer
with our cashier
after the lesson at music school
this talented teacher's students
because they always make a wrong choice
at 7 o’clock every day
Match the tenses and the formulae for the different types of the sentences.
S+ have/has+ V(-ed/3d form)+ SPS.
S+has/have+not+V (-ed/3d form)+SPS.
Use the verb in the correct Passive form.
1. Romeo and Juliet ___________ by Shakespeare. (WRITE)
2. The books _______________________ yet. (NOT PUBLISH)
3. As soon as I got home, I realized that my wallet _______________. (STEAL)
4. Dinner _________ between 5 and 10 p.m. every day. (SERVE)
5. No letters ___________________ since the start of the strike. (DELIVER)
6. The building _______________ when we got there (BUILD).
7. Progress in many fields of science _____________ in the last decade. (MAKE)
8. Since last week 5 of the 7 bullies ________________. (CATCH)
9. Three workers ___________________ by the new director next month. (TRANSFER)
10.The classroom _________________ next week. (DECORATE)
11.The church ____________ by a famous architect in the 18th century. (DESIGN)
12.The tunnel _________________ at the moment, so it's closed for all traffic. (REPAIR)
1. Could you arrive on time? – I don’t know for certain. It depends _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) the traffic.
a) for b) of
c) on d) from
2. I went to that museum _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) some famous pictures.
a) to visit b) to watch
c) to see to d) to look at
3. We’re late, I expect the film _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) by the time we get to the theatre.
a) have started b) will start
c) will be starting d) will have started
4. I’m sure he was _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) lie!.
a) doing b) saying
c) making d) telling
5. My flat is on _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) second floor.
a) the b) a
c) an d) -
6. This car didn’t go as fast as my old one _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) .
a) do b) did
c) does d) will
7. The weather is _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) than the last week. It’s so windy!
a) worse b) bad
c) the worst d) badder
8. What is your busiest day of the week? - _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d).
a) every day b) last week
c) in the morning d) Tuesday
9. I come home _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) school in the afternoon.
a) at b) in
c) from d) at
10. My old cat died last year, and I still _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) her.
a) lack b) fail
c) miss d) lose
11.Jake … meat in the oven while Cara … borsch._ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)
a) was stewing / cooked
b) was stewing / was cooking
c) has stewed / cooking
d) stew / cook
12.I _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) you photos when I get them.
a) send b) am sending
c) will send d) sent
13.The meeting was organized _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) Friday evening.
a) on b) to
c) at d) in
14.When I saw her, she _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) a car.
a) was driving
b) were driving
c) is driving
d) is driveing
15.Although, it was _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) , a few mountain climbers climbed the mountain.
a) beautiful b) dangerous
c) enjoy d) funny
16.Steven and his friends are very _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d), that’s why they can get a good result.
a)naughty b) hard-working
c) sour d) shy
17.The road is very _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d), so buses cannot go through.
a) big b) to clear
c) narrow d) wide
18. The clothes sold at the Night Market are _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) .
a) cheap b) untidy
c) clear d) loose
19. I fell down yesterday because the floor was _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d).
a) clean b) clear
c) slippery d) untidy
20.The autobiography of David Beckam is on sale but is too _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d).
a) rich b) expensive
c) dangerous d) popular
21. How much time do you _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) your homework?
a) make at b) bring to
c) give for d) spend on
22. Do you know that woman? Yes, I know _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d).
a) hers b) she
c) her d) him
23. Why _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) a car?
a) don’t you got? b) haven’t you got?
c) haven’t you get? d) haven’t got you?
24. Your father usually has lunch at home, _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) he?
a) hasn’t b) does
c) doesn’t d) didn’t
25. We know their address, but they don’t know _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) .
a) ours b) their’s
c) our’s d) our
26. I _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) to London several times.
b) have been
c) have gone
27. Choose the sentence with the right word order._ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)
a) You easily can lose your friend’s trust.
b) You can lose easily your friend’s trust.
c) You can easily lose your friend’s trust.
d) Easily you can lose your friend’s trust.
28. The travel company made us _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) advantageous tour.
a) an b) a
c) nothing d) the
29. It’s cold outside. You have to dress up _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)
a) warm b) warmful
c) warmfully d) warmly
30. Put the butter _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) the fridge.
a) off b) into
c) out d) out of
31. We _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) to take a walk now.
a) will b) can
c) are going d) will be
32. We start _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) work at a quarter to nine.
33. Choose the sentence with the right word order._ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)
a) My brother finds always a way out of any situation.
b) Always my brother finds a way out of any situation.
c) My brother finds a way out of any situation always.
d) My brother always finds a way out of any situation.
34. I don’t know her very well, but my friends _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) .
a) do b) does
c) did d) are
35. He speaks neither English _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) French.
a) or b) both
c) nor d) either
36. I find that difficult to believe. Do you trust _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) ?
37. He received considerable financial _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) for his work.
a) reward b) repayment
c) receipt d) gift
38. It is difficult to _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) a date which is convenient for everyone.
a) vote b) organize
c) choose d) provide
39. The weather _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) . I think we can go roller skating to the park soon.
a) improves b) is improving
c) is being improved d) is being improving
40. In the café we … some delicious food, … some wine and then we … a lot in the city centre._ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)
a) were trying/ were drinking/were walking
b) had tried/drank/were walking
d) had tried/had drunk/walked
41. Darrel has realized too late that he _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) for Jill for more than 3 hours when his aircraft lands.
a) will wait b) will have been waiting
c) will have waited d) will be waiting
42. Transfer this Active Voice sentence into the Passive one: The company is still constructing the building. _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d)
a) The building is still constructed.
b) The building is still been constructed.
c) The building is still being constructed.
d) The building is still have being constructed
43. Please, _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) your seats and fasten belts.
a) do b) make
c) get d) take
44. Her office is _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d) away than mine.
a) father b) more far
c) farther d) farer
45. All I can say is that, _ (Варіанти:a, b, c, d), you’re going to spend more time practicing your listening comprehension skills.
a) at personal experience
b) of personal experience
c) from personal experience
d) in personal experience
You will hear five short conversations.
There is one question for each conversation.
For questions 1-5, choose the right answer.
1. What will they eat for dinner this evening? _ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
2. What time is it? _ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
3. What’s Michelle going to read? _ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
4. How much did the tickets cost?_ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
5. Where is the chemist’s?_ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
Listen to Kate telling Emma about her family. Where is each person going today?
You will hear the conversation twice.
6._ (Варіанти:A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H)
7._ (Варіанти:A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H)
8._ (Варіанти:A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H)
9._ (Варіанти:A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H)
10._ (Варіанти:A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H)
Choose the correct variant.
What does the sign say? _ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
A Use this button to call hotel staff if you cannot get in.
B Press this button to unlock the entrance door.
C If you cannot lock the door, please contact hotel reception.
What does the notice say?_ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
A You should return your books to the assistant in the correct order.
B You should replace books in the order that you found them.
C The books are easy to find because they are all arranged by level.
What does the notice say? _ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
A When playing music in the gym, please remember to switch it off.
B If you play some music, consider the other people in the gym.
C The members of the gym think music is very useful.
What does the note say? _ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
A Valuables should not be left in the car.
B Valuable objects are removed at night.
C This car is locked at night.
The writer is _ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
A going on a boat with members of the group tomorrow.
B going home with the rest of the group tomorrow.
C going out with the whole group tomorrow.
What should David do?_ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
A He should make Kate practice before she goes to her school band meeting.
B He should remind Kate that someone is picking her up for band practice.
C He should check Kate is dressed properly and take her to band practice.
What does this notice mean? _ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
A After training, it is important the team bus leaves no later than 9.00.
B The match starts at 9.00, so you must meet the bus at 8.00.
C The bus will take the team to the sports centre for training at 8.00.
What should customers do? _ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
A They should use only the plates from the trays by the kitchen.
B They should take their used plates to the trays provided next to the kitchen.
C They should give their dirty plates to the kitchen staff to put them on the trays.
What does it say? _ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
A You must ask a teacher first before you use this equipment.
B Teachers are the only people allowed to use this equipment.
C This equipment does not belong to the school so you can't use it.
The advert says that the scooter _ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
A will be good for carrying items.
B is suitable for young children.
C needs some repair.
Read the texts 1-6. What does each text say? Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
1._ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
A. This place offers the best frozen seafood in the area.
B. You can’t book a table.
C. Tully’s Fish Place is open every day
2._ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
A. Joe is moving house.
B. Joe can’t make band practice this week.
C. Joe wants to change the band practice to a different day.
3._ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
A. Volunteers will be protecting sea turtles.
B. Volunteers will have to work all day.
C. Manos will email the volunteers.
4. The person who placed this ad_ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
A. will pay £100 to buy a terrier.
B. was lost in Rochdale Park.
C. is looking for their pet.
5. _ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
A. You mustn’t leave children alone in the pool.
B. You must take a shower after swimming in the pool.
C. You can dive into the pool if you are over 12.
6. Why has Lucy written this postcard?_ (Варіанти:A, B, C)
A. to ask how Fiona is
B. to invite Fiona to join her and Martin
C. to tell Fiona how she’s spending her time away
Did you know that we forget about 80% of the medical information a doctor might give us? This interesting finding came to light as a result of a study carried out by Utrecht University. What is even more interesting is that almost half of what we think we remember is wrong. Why do you think this happens? Well, going to the doctor can make most people nervous, and when we are stressed we are more likely to concentrate on the diagnosis rather than on the treatment. Therefore, we know what is wrong with us but have no idea what to do about it. Here are some good tips to keep in mind when seeing a doctor. Always bring along a notepad to write down important pieces of information, such as how to take prescribed medication or how to prepare for any medical tests you might need.
What would be even better is if your doctor agreed to let you record him. In this way, you could replay his advice at home, where you are more likely to be able to understand it. If you believe the situation is serious or you’re really worried, get a family member or a close friend to come with you to listen in. Regardless of what you choose to do, there is one golden rule which you need to take into account. To communicate effectively, you need to ask the right questions. The Partnership for Clear Health Communication (PCHC) recommends you ask three questions every time you talk to a medical professional: ‘What is my main problem?’, ‘What do I need to do?’ and ‘Why is it important for me to do this?’ These will help you identify the problem and deal with it in a rational way.
7. Patients remember most of the medical information a doctor gives them. _ (Варіанти:A, B)
8. If patients feel nervous, it is likely they will forget the diagnosis. _ (Варіанти:A, B)
9. Patients should give the doctor a notepad so he can note down what he says. _ (Варіанти:A, B)
10. It may be easier for patients to make sense of a doctor’s advice if they listen to it at home. _ (Варіанти:A, B)
11. Friends or relatives should always accompany patients to the doctor. _ (Варіанти:A, B)
12. The PCHC suggests asking specific questions when visiting a doctor._ (Варіанти:A, B)
Рефлексія від 10 учнів
Будь ласка, оцініть тест!