Будь ласка, оцініть тест!
Match the pictures with the words in English.
to keep to a balanced diet
to do aerobics
to visit a doctor
to prescribe some medicine
a chemist’s shop
to make purchases
Find ONE odd word in each line and write it out in the gap after the line.
1) a patient, a doctor, a nurse, a customer __________
2) to take (feel) pulse, to worry about, to take blood pressure, to prescribe ______________
3) a tummy, a throat, blood, a knee _____
4) a disease, sore, ill, running _________
5) high, immediately, quick, regular ___________
6) to recover, to examine, to sneeze, to cough __________
7) to feel dizzy, a headache, a running nose, to take medicine ________________
8) a toothache, to catch a cold, to catch the flu, to have a bad cough ___________
9) a headache , a tummyache, an earache, to hurt _______
10) a hospital, a book shop, a chemist’s shop, the doctor`s office ___________
Fill in the table with irregular verbs
втрачати, скидати (кг)
Open the brackets and put the verb into the Past Perfect Tense. You should write down in the gap ONLY the verb in the proper form.
She (to pay) ________ for that T-shirt by that time.
Those students (to write) ___________ the text before the break.
My granny (to take) _________ her medicine by 10 p.m.
That man (to lose) ________ 7 kilos by last June.
Our family (to visit) ___________ the museum in the capital by Wednesday.
I (to cook) __________ supper before the film.
Barbara (to stop) ___________ jogging by 8 a.m.
My parents (to recover) _____________ from the flu before their holidays.
Philipp (to see) ________ his dentist before the meeting.
My father (to go) ________ to work by 7 o’clock .
Translate the verbs in brackets and put them into the Past Perfect Tense or the Past Simple Tense. You should write down in the gap ONLY the verb in English in the proper tense.
Betsy had already cleaned her room before her mother (приходити) ____.
Mr. Jackson examined me after the nurse (міряти) _________ my temperature.
Before my friend (отримати) ___ a discount I had already bought woolen shorts in brown.
My cousin (повертатися) ____________ from Great Britain by the time I returned from the Crimea.
The shop assistant (продавати) ________ that splendid coat before I went home and took money.
I (пекти) _____ a tasty fruit pie after I had stewed potatoes with meat.
After I (провітрювати) _________ the room those tourists came.
Olivia had retold that funny text before they (починати) _____ to write a test.
We (витрачати) _________ 2 thousand dollars by the time we knew about the travelling to Spain.
Before Daniel recovered he (залишатися) __________ in bed.
Define and choose the tense according to the time indicators in the sentences.
Berta is trying on new jeans in the fitting room now. ___________________ (Варіанти:Present Simple, Present Continuous, Past Simple)
Berta has tried on new jeans in the fitting room lately. _______________ (Варіанти:Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Past Simple)
Berta usually tries on jeans in the fitting rooms. _______________ (Варіанти:Future Simple, Present Simple, Present Perfect)
Berta will be trying on new jeans in the fitting room at 2 p.m. tomorrow. _________________ (Варіанти:Present Simple, Future Continuous, Future Simple)
Berta will try on new jeans in the fitting room in 5 minutes. ______________ (Варіанти:Present Simple, Future Simple, Past Simple)
Berta tried on new jeans in the fitting room 5 minutes ago. _______________ (Варіанти:Past Continuous, Past Perfect, Past Simple)
Berta was trying on new jeans during last 10 minutes. _______________ (Варіанти:Past Perfect, Present Perfect, Past Continuous)
Pay attention to the unknown words. Read and translate the text and complete the tasks after the reading.
to be surprised [sə’praɪzd] – бути здивованим
a point – пункт
to grow [grəʊ] – вирощувати
a pepper – перець
to be caught in the rain – потрапити під дощ
again [ə’gen] – знову
correctly [kə’rektlɪ] – вірно, правильно
Never late to…
Welcome to Vivian!
She is a very active woman. You can be surprised but she is 62. Vivian is from New York, the USA. She believes that it is never late to study and to know something new. Vivian is fond of healthy lifestyle. To her mind there are four main points to live it:
- not to have nasty habits
- to eat healthy food
- to go in for sports
- to visit doctors regularly.
Vivian has never smoked. She doesn’t drink alcohol.
She eats only healthy food. It is difficult to have vegetables from the garden in New York, isn’t it? Not for Vivian! There are many plants on her balcony. She grows tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and onions herself! She always keeps to a balanced diet. Her food for a week: 1 kilo of cereal, 3 kilos of vegetables, 2 kilos of fruit, a pack of butter, half a kilo of cheese, 300 grams of red fish, a litre of milk and a litre of juice, 11 litres of water and 7 eggs.
But Vivian has never gone in for sports. She always has little time. She decided to start doing aerobics at the age of 60. Everything was okay. But one day she was caught in the rain. She didn’t think she could catch a cold. She was doing aerobics very seriously during an hour. But then she felt dizzy and her nose started running. The woman always worries about her health very much. That is why she immediately went to see her doctor. The doctor was greatly surprised to know that his 60 years old patient has started to do aerobics. He examined her and then tolerantly said to Vivian that sport is good but not when she is ill. He prescribed her some medicine and told to stay in bed during three days. And NO SPORT!
Vivian made purchases at the chemist’s shop and went home. She followed to the doctor’s advice. And in three days she has started to do aerobics again.
So it is never late to start doing anything new and to begin healthy living. But do it correctly!
1. Choose the proper ending of the sentence.
Vivian is fond _____________________ (Варіанти:of healthy lifestyle, of doing shopping, of drinking coffee)
She always keeps _____________________ (Варіанти:to weather forecasts, to a balanced diet, to a vegetarian diet)
She decided to start _______________________________ (Варіанти:seeing her doctor every week, swimming, doing aerobics at the age of 60)
The woman always worries about _________________ (Варіанти:global pollution, politics, her health)
She followed ________________________ (Варіанти:to the doctor’s advice, to her sister`s advice, to her children`s advice)
But then she felt dizzy and ________________________ (Варіанти:started to cough, had a high temperature, her nose started running)
That is why she immediately went _______________________________ (Варіанти:to the chemist’s shop, to see her doctor, to buy some berries and lemons)
The doctor prescribed her some medicine and told to stay in bed _________________________ (Варіанти:for the rest of her life, for a week, for three days)
Vivian made purchases at the chemist’s shop _____________________ (Варіанти:and went to the cafe, and went home, and went to the gym)
So it is never late to start doing anything ____________________ (Варіанти:new and healthy, bad and interesting, good and kind)
2. Define whether the following statements are true or false.
Vivian is a very active woman from New York, the USA. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
Vivian smoked when she was young. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
Vivian always buys vegetables in the supermarket near her house. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
She decided to start doing aerobics at the age of 62. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
One day Vivian was caught in the rain and caught a cold. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
She immediately went to see her doctor. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
The doctor said to Vivian that sport is not good and she should stop doing it. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
Vivian has started to do aerobics again in three days. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
Listen to a conversation at a chemist’s shop to practise and improve your listening skills. Before listening pay attention to the unknown words.
an ache [`eɪk] - біль
lozenges [ˈlɒz.ɪndʒ] - пігулки
syrup [ˈsɪr.əp] - сироп
antibiotics [æn.ti.baɪˈɒt.ɪk] - антибіотики
Define whether the following statements are true or false.
1. The man needs something for a sore throat. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
2. His mother sent him to the chemist`s shop. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
3. The man has a headache, too. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
4. The chemist recommended him to take syrup or lozenges. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
5. The lozenges are more expensive than the syrup. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
6. The man is not allergic to any medicine. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
7. The man had a prescription for antibiotics. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
8. The chemist sold him antibiotics. _____ (Варіанти:True, False)
Choose the proper ending of the sentence.
1. The man needs something ______________ (Варіанти:for his throat, for his head, for his wife)
2. The man _______________________________________ (Варіанти:is coughing and has a headache, is coughing but doesn’t have a headache, isn’t coughing, but has a headache)
3. The lozenges are _____________________________ (Варіанти:cheaper than the syrup, not as cheap as the syrup, more expensive than the syrup)
4. He should have the lozenge _______________________________________ (Варіанти:every four to six hours, after he eats, every four to six hours, with food, every four to six hours, before he eats)
5. The pharmacist can’t give him antibiotics because ____________________________________ (Варіанти:his prescription is only for tablets, he doesn’t have enough money, he doesn’t have a prescription)
6. The man has to pay ______ (Варіанти:£7.49, £17.49, £7.99)
Рефлексія від 0 учнів
Будь ласка, оцініть тест!